Students first day at Methven Primary School for 2018 is Monday 29th January.
New enrolments can be made at school from 9:00am – 12:00pm on Tuesday 23rd January.
Our office will be open on Friday 26th January from 9:00am – 3:00pm.
Our Event Calendar has been updated with 2018 dates, including Term Dates, Public Holidays, and Teacher Only Afternoon/Days. Information can also be found in the footer of our website.
Home Class Lists
All children will be assigned a “Home Class” with a “Home Class Teacher”. This will be the teacher who is responsible for the pastoral care of your child and your point of contact for our home and school partnership.
Our School Staff page has been updated with 2018 classrooms / teachers.
Class lists for 2018 will be available from 5pm on Tuesday 23rd January outside the school oﬃce and on this page. We will also send out a Message My Way alert with a link to the information.
Goal Setting Conferences
Once Home Class lists are available please book a Goal Setting 3-Way Conference for Friday 26th January (1:00pm – 4:00pm) or Tuesday 30th January (2:00pm – 5:00pm) with your child’s Home Class Teacher.
The booking code will be sent out via Message My Way on Tuesday 23rd January and will also be available on this page. Please fill in the Goal Setting Conferences form and bring it to the Conference.
Message My Way
We will once again be using Message My Way as our main reminder and alert system for 2018, starting with a notification when Class and Homeroom Teacher Lists are available.
If you have had a change in mobile number or email address recently, please ensure you logon to Message My Way (www.messagemyway.com/code/qqdrq) and update your details for us.
As well as ordering uniform supplies online from the NZ Uniforms website http://methvenprimary.nzuniforms.com, families can now also visit their new Christchurch store.
Located at 455 Blenheim Road, their opening hours are:
- 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- 9am – 1pm Saturday
The new store’s contact details are and 03 595 5766.
Second hand uniforms may also be available via a local facebook page: www.facebook.com/mps.uniform.buy.sell.
- We have partnered with Eeny Meeny to provide ‘Back to School’ Stationery Packs for students.
- Eeny Meeny is a leading, New Zealand-owned, specialist supplier to schools and their pricing is extremely competitive – we couldn’t find cheaper.
- Stationery lists for all teams have been loaded onto www.schoolpacks.co.nz.
- Visit www.schoolpacks.co.nz, select ‘Methven School’ from the drop down, choose the appropriate team pack and all the required stationery items (including quantities) will appear for you to purchase.
- Purchasing full, part or multiple packs, along with additional items is very easy.
- Orders over $40+GST are dispatched freight free, a small freight charge applies to orders under $40+GST.
- Payment is collected at the time of order and can be made either via credit card or Internet Banking. If neither of these options suit you, chat with Eeny Meeny online or email to sort out a solution for you!
- With every $25 that you spend on stationery one reward point will be issued to our school. We can then collate and redeem these reward points on products from Eeny Meeny.
- Click here to view the 2018 Stationery Lists PDF.
Included within the school packs are some Warwick ‘My Learning’ exercise books. These are a new range of books that have durable laminated covers and a range of features designed by teachers including student reference material. We are confident that this range of exercise books will perform and last the rigours of daily classroom use so you will not need to spend additional costs laminating books or purchasing book covers.
· Team 1 – Ensure your child’s name is on all books and their book bag. All other items will be for class use.
· Team 2 – Label all items (except tissues)
· Team 3 – Label all items (except tissues)
· Team 4 – Label all items (except tissues)
Additional School Items
In addition to the attached stationery packs, families are also required to purchase the below items.
School Diary (Teams 1, 2 & 3) $5.00
Reading Eggs Subscription (Teams 1 & 2) $15.00
Matific Subscription (Teams 3 & 4) $10.00
These will be distributed to students on their first day of school, with the cost invoiced to family accounts for payment. We would appreciate payment within the first week of school please.
If you have any queries regarding stationery items over the holiday period, please don’t hesitate to email Michelle on .
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
In 2018, we are once again encouraging Year 5 and 6 students at Methven Primary School to bring their own device for their learning. We see the ability to transition from working at school to home, as an important step in our students development.
As an Office 365 school, having a computer that can have the Office Suite installed is important, especially OneNote. This is a free download from your child’s MPS O365 account, which we can help with at any time.
The computer market is very confusing and is inundated with so many choices. To assist you, Cyclone Computers (our school’s ICT company) have developed a website that promotes a range of devices which fit our schools criteria covering different price brackets for some guidance. If you visit their website you can view detailed information regarding the selected models.
Please feel free to shop around for the best price. Cyclone’s advertised pricing will always include a 3 Year warranty which is important to note. You may be able to find the same device for a cheaper price else where, but you will need to check with the retailer regarding the warranty.
If you have further questions regarding device specifications, we would strongly recommend talking to Kim at Cyclone Computers 0800 686 686 (ChCh).